The Bello family always had a tradition of
cultivating their land. The roots of their Cuban
tobacco heritage reach into the 19th century
when Don Bello, the first of Bello tobacconists,
left Canary Islands in search for better soil and
climate conditions. After exploring the country
of Cuba he settled in Las Villas, a region very
well known for producing the finest filler and
binder tobacco on the island. Following his
success in growing and processing tobacco he
decided to start a cigar production on his own.
In 1896 he established his first cigar factory
named after the place that became his new home.
Tabacalera Las Villas started to produce private
cigar labels for other tobacconists as well as the
first family house brand Bello. >> Continue